Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yesterday I took advantage of the beautiful weather and went on a bike ride. After a few miles it became very obvious that I'm in need of a new bike. My 1980's centurion has a flat tire, squeeky gears, and padding that has started to disinegrate from the handle bars. So this got me thinking about how to invest in a new bike for myself, and make sure it's all vegan. I'm all about buying anything gently used (except underwear... that's straight up creepy) and Craigslist is always a great place to start your search for buying anything. Not all of the bikes are going to have vegan saddles (bike seats) but those are easy to replace. If finding a new vegan saddle is something you need to do lovely bicycle has a wonderful list of them.

This vegan option by Soma called the Okami is my personal favorite. It's aprropriately girly, and functional all at the same time. It also comes in a plain white or black if you're boring like that. 
If I could afford a brand new road bike I would get myself the Brava by Bianchi. This beautiful hunk of carbon and alloy is my dream bike, and if I'm not mistaken, even comes with a vegan saddle. It doesn't have the pedals included, but ones with matching paint are currently only $39.99 if you order them directly from Bianchi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment