Friday, April 29, 2011

booooooze

I'M 21 NOW BITCHES!!!!

well okay, I've been 21 for a few weeks, but hey, it's super cool still. In honor of my new found freedom I want to make it my personal mission to go to all of the vegan bars and happy hours in Portland (yes, even including the vegan strip club). Today I'm starting with the Bye and Bye, an all vegan bar in NE. This was the first real bar I went to on my 21st birthday. I dragged a few omni friends with me and we gave it mixed reviews. Some of my friends said it was a little "yuppy" and that they felt out of place amongst all of the hipsters. If you don't like hipsters don't come to Portland... or come anyway and laugh at them. My friend Alexa also thought the prices were too high. (In reality she was just upset that they didn't have everything to make a "long beach".) The first time I came, I only stayed long enough to have the "Vitrola," and sadly I can't recall everything that was in it, but it was delicious! We weren't there for long before we noticed many people with this monstrocity.

This craziness in a mason jar (so very Portland) is called the "Bye and Bye", so naturally I had to come back and try it for myself. It may look sweet and innocent, but this drink could clearly get you into some trouble! (especially at only $7!) It has a peach infused vodka, peach infused bourbon, cranberry juice and a lemon. After trying this drink, I have no complaints about this bar (maybe it's just because I'm kind of tipsy... oh well). The food is all fairly priced, even more so at happy hour, which they have every day from 4-7 PM. True, the crowd can seem kinda yuppy, but it's a vegan bar in Portland, what did you expect? I'm just excited to go somewhere where I don't have to scrutinize the menu or the drinks after I've had a few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment