Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Bust

Yesterdays Food Day in the Oregonian was a super big let down for me. Most weeks they have an article on something vegan, whether its a recipe, book review, or whatever. But this week there wasn't anything! I expected there to be a few vegan recipes this week because Easter is on Sunday. Maybe I'm just crazy (don't answer that) but I like to try new vegan recipes for holidays to share with my family. I still have many vegan skeptics within my family so it's fun to impress them with something new and fancy, but no thanks to Food Day this year! Good thing I know I'm cooler than the writers of Food Day anyways, so I'm giving you some recipes to jump start your own vegan Easter brunch ideas!
start your meal off right with these hot cross buns from the crazy cool Vegan Dad and make a huge batch of raspberry jam swirl crumble cake to share! (or to hoard in your room. I wont judge.)
also any breakfast or brunch wouldn't be complete without "bacon" or some jazzed up tofu scramble!
most importantly, enjoy a few mimosas and spend some quality time with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment