Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ani Phyo - Raw Food Goddess

[Ani Phyo and I at Powells]
Last Wednesday I had the honor of getting to meet Ani Phyo and hear her speak at Powells Bookstore. She was there discussing her new book Ani's Raw Food Asia, which explores Asian raw food fusion recipes. The cookbook covers everything from cocktails to curries with a theme of longevity. Longevity was her word of the night, focusing on doing things more simply and in a way that isn't harmful to yourself. I really related with her approach to this book more than her others because it's written for people who are looking to incorporate more raw foods into their diet. Even though she was taking a more realistic look at diet, I was a little bummed to hear her promote "ethical" meat eating if you felt you still needed to consume animal products. I guess that's the difference between vegans for health and vegans for ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment